Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Obsidian (Lux #1)

Goodreads:
Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 
If I don't kill him first, that is.

Title: Obsidian (Lux #1)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published: May 8th 2012
Where to buy: Barnes and Noble, Amazon

Review:

What a great book! I honestly don't have anything bad to say about it. This book moved me from the first page to the very last. I am so very fond of Katy, and although he is rough around the edges Daemon is a great character. He is a total blowhole but I can see clear reasoning to why he acts the way he does and how much of it is his teasing personality as well. 

Before I started this novel I was surprised at how many people referenced Twilight but still gave it great ratings and reviews. I have to say I am now one of those people because I thought the overall flow of the novel was uncannily familiar to that of Twilight. But even though it was so very similar this story Katy was a tough, headstrong female character with added depth and capable of a multi-track mind. 

As a book reader and a blogger it was great to get into the mind of someone who also loves books and even writes her own blog. I thank Armentrout for making Katy even more relatable than she would have been, even down to the weekly meme's and ARC tours. 

Now, as you see me rant and rave about this book you might wonder why I am not giving it a full five stars, and to be honest there really isn't much more than the fact that I just have something invisible holding me back. I will tell you till your face turns blue that it was a great read and you definitely need to pick it up, I even immediately bought the second novel Onyx and started reading it. But I cannot help feel that something is missing that the story could have been better somehow. Oh, well. I apologize to Jennifer L. Armentrout for not giving you a five star rating. Maybe, Onyx will hold that last elusive star! 

Rating:

Recommended for people that enjoyed: Last Sacrifice (or any book with Adrian in it!) and The Forbidden Game



Until then, Happy Reading!

Kelley Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment