Thursday, July 11, 2013

Evercrossed

Goodreads Summary: 
It’s been a year since Ivy’s boyfriend, Tristan, died. They’ve both moved on—Tristan to the other side of the afterlife, and Ivy to sweet, dependable Will. Now Ivy’s heading to Cape Cod, hoping to leave the horror of last summer behind. She wants nothing more than to lie on the beach, sip lemonade, and hang out with her friends. 

But then a car crash ends Ivy’s life. 

As she floats to the beyond, looking down on the life she’s left behind, Tristan breathes life back into her with a passionate kiss. She wakes up in the hospital, surrounded by Will and her family, but all she can think about is the love that she lost. 

But memories aren’t all that’s come back from the past. And this time, Ivy’s not sure love will be enough to save her.


Title: Evercrossed (Kissed by an Angel #4)
Author: Elizabeth Chandler
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: March 8th 2011
Rating: 5 Stars

In my head all I can really think is Oh Mother Trucker! I honestly enjoyed the book but it leaves you on the mother of all cliff hangers. Of course we are introduced to the characters we have known before, Ivy, Will, and Beth. They are on a summer vacation in Cape Cod working for Beth's Aunt. There is a brief glimpse of Tristan as a super angel, and of course our Lovely Lacey makes a few appearances. With all that said there are some new characters also. Like Kelsey, Beth's party hardy cousin, who has a personality similar to Suzanne (who is vacationing in Europe) which they point out in the book. Kelsey is very blunt and her character is very modern. She is supposedly a super athlete with a body like Serena Williams. Her best friend Dayhna is a good girl pushed to do bad things with Kelsey, I thought her character was going to be more important because she was discussed a lot in the first half of the book however her character slowly deteriorated. There is also a new man figure an amnesiac that washed up on shore mysteriously the same night that Ivy and Beth get into a fatal car accident where Ivy actually dies. Guy (the temporary name for the amnesiac because he cannot remember who he is) has very similar characteristics to Tristan which is what pulls Ivy to him and also pulls her away from Will. Oh sweet Will, how I wanted you to be the one. It became clear a short way into the book that they were a couple that just ran the bases, without any real sincerity behind it. Will of course was sincere with his feelings but Ivy just could not open her heart enough, which then caused Will to become kind of a dink and really made me shake my head in disappointment. 

This book is filled with many ups and downs, taking you on a spin that if your weak hearted you might not be able to handle (*consult your physician if necessary). I have to tell you right now I feel broken hearted. There is a common theme to this book that Gregory has somehow made his way back to get revenge, so I am slowly waiting for this to happen, while Beth and Will are being overprotective parents to Ivy. I do not know what it is, maybe it's Chandlers writing, but I always feel like Will is about to go off an start dating someone else. Every time Ivy sees Will he is going off or coming back from hanging out with mainly Beth and Dayhna. I do not know why but I just feel like he is, maybe it is Ivy and I am just shadowing her but man she handles things way better than I would have been able to.

So in summary I Loved the book, Chandler impresses me with her writing yet again and has me flipping the pages and before you know it the short 288 page book is over with. I am however so disappointed that I had to wait any time at all on that mother of a cliff hanger. A whole year came and went before the Everlasting came out and that is just wrong. So now that they are both out I feel confidant telling you to go read these two books now! The Kissed by an Angel series is AMAZING!



Recommended reads based off of Evercrossed:
Blue is for Nightmares and Book of Shadows

No comments:

Post a Comment