Sunday, May 20, 2012

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren.
For more information, 
click here.
Time for another week of IMM!

From Netgalley

Breaking Lauren is about a girl who is the sweet and innocent type and the guy who is bad news, your mother's worst nightmare. It is told in alternating perspectives and I just happen to be currently reading it! For those that are interested it is released on the 24th of this month! That is on Thursday!

Blackwood is about a remote island where 114 people just dissapeared. The main character is a juvi troubled teen who happens to be able to hear the dead. 

I would also like to add that this cover is amazing. The snake turning from 3-D to only paint on her face. It makes me think..."Okay, what is going on here, because that is freaking awesome!"

This weeks purchase...
Waiting is about a girl whose brother just died and it has turned her whole life upside down. She meets a guy and she tries to deal with her new struggling emotions about him and the loss of her brother. This was recommended for people who enjoyed While He Was Away so, I am a little skeptical of how good it will be but I am so willing to find out!


Well that's it for me this weeks IMM. I hope all of you have some great grabs of your own this week. Feel free to post a comment linking me to your own post, or just a few books you got this week! I always read my comments and check out your posts!

Happy Reading

16 comments:

  1. Blackwood sounds creepy. I've never heard of it before but I'll definitely look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am kind of intrigued by the creepiness!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! It looks like you won some lovely books as well this week.

      Delete
  3. Great books you got there! Hope you'll enjoy them :)

    Happy Reading!
    Filia @ Anima Libri - Booksoul

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blackwood looks so good! I love the cover. :) I didn't notice the snake thing until I read your post, but it's really awesome. :D Enjoy!

    Kat @ Midnight Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome book haul! Blackwood has an eerily cool cover, and the synopsis makes the book seem pretty dang good! Let us know what you thought so we know if we should add it to our TBR list or not :)

    -Calamity & Chaos

    http://mugglemadnesss.blogspot.ca/2012/05/in-my-our-mailbox-imm-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will certainly do that! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. I love netgalley! I have to keep away from there sumtimes cuz I can get too many TBR's and get flustered trying to read them all..lolz..
    I have Blackwood too. The other books u got look gr8 for the warm spring weather.
    Gonna go check out ur Glitch review. I have a copy of it & want to read it soon. It looks pretty good.
    New follower, have a gr8 week!
    fran@B&B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow. Yeah, I hear Glitch is pretty controversial so far, either you like it or you hate it. No really in between. I hope you enjoy it though!

      Delete
  7. Great books this week!

    I got Blackwood last week. It was alright, but I think I was hoping it would be better. I hope you like it! :)

    Here's what I got this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I like it too! Thanks for stopping by...and your blog is beautiful!

      Delete
  8. Blackwood is very popular! I think I'm going to read some reviews to make up my mind ^^ Happy reading :D

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/showcase-sunday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had planned to finish by now but I got distracted by My Life Next Door. It was so pretty I just had to read it right away!

      Delete