Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (3)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This weeks Teaser Tuesday comes from My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick...

"'Is Jase already going to marry you?'
I start coughing again. 'Uh. No. No, George. I'm only seventeen.' As if that's the only reason we aren't getting engaged.
'I'm this many.' George holds up four slightly grubby fingers. 'But Jase is seventeen and a half. You could. Then you could live in here with him. And have a big family.'
Jase strides into the room, of course. midway through the proposition. 'George. Beat it. Discovery Channel is on.'
George backs out of the room, but not before saying, 'His bed's really comfortable. And he never pees in it.'
The door closes and we both start laughing." ~ Page 36


"He walks slowly over, his eyes locked on mine, then puts his hands around my waist.
'Umm. So...are we going to study?' My tone's deliberately casual.
Jase slides his thumbs behind my ears, rubbing the hollow at their base. He's only inches from my face, still looking into my eyes. 'You bet. I'm studying you.'" ~Page 258
I finished this book on Sunday. It was absolutely fantastic! A must read, and it comes out on June 14th.

Leave a link for your TT's. I will be sure to check everyone!

22 comments:

  1. Awww... George is cute!

    Thanks for visiting!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This books sounds like an adorable read. Both quotes ooze adorableness, of different kinds :). Great teasers! Here's mine: http://owl-read-it.blogspot.ca/2012/05/teaser-tuesday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha yes they both are cute in such different ways! But equally great. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I have been wanting to read this one. Thanks for the teaser! George is hilarious!

    Reading Lark's Teasers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this one! George is so cute. And the quote with Jase is an amazing choice! Thanks for the teaser :)

    http://canireadeverything.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really loved this book. It was absolutely excellent!

      Delete
  5. Aw, sounds like a nice book. I'll have to add it to my list :)
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't read contemps very often, but this is one I definitely want to read. Yours is the second teaser I've read today and they all just make me want to read it more! Thanks for sharing!

    And thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be well worth it! Thanks for stopping back!

      Delete
  7. Woot! A cute teaser and a steamy one. Love it. I think this is on my TBR list already, if not, it's getting added right now ;)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good deal, this book needs to be read!
      Thanks for stopping here also.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Yes, I love the consistency you have! Thanks for being such a loyal follower!

      Delete
  9. I really want to read this book. It seems really good.

    Thanks for the teaser and for stopping by librarymosaic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! Thanks for returning the favor!

      Delete
  10. That teaser has me wanting to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great book! You will not be disappointed!

      Delete
  11. Great teaser. I think I'm going to have to add this book to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will not be disappointed! Well worth it.

      Delete