Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teasers:

My teaser this week comes from While He Was Away by Karen Schreck. 

"The tatooed dude curses and yanks back the gun as I throw my arms around David's neck. 'Watch out!' David cries. But he's hugging me back, not letting go." - Page 38

"'Don't wimp out on us now,' Jules says. And Caitlin cocks her gun." - Page 163

The last quote was a spoiler for even myself! I'm not that far in the book yet, but now I am dying to get there.

Hope you enjoyed Teaser Tuesday this week.

Feel free to comment with your own teaser, or send me a link to your own post. I will be happy to check them out!

Happy Reading

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, like the second one. I want to know what happens! Here's mine: Small Blonde Hippy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second one caught my interest as well. I was skimming through the pages not trying to read too much, so I don't spoil anything. But now I want to get to that point in the book so I can find out who those characters are and what they are doing!

      Delete
  2. Whoa what's going on?! I didn't realize this book would involve guns! LOL Great tease and thanks for visiting My TT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am dying to get to that part! Hopefully then it will make sense to me.

      Your blog was great! And that quote from the book was wonderful also. I will have to read her Tryle series. I read her My Blood Approves series and was not impressed so I have put it off. But I have heard such good things about this series that I think I will have to give it a try.

      Delete
  3. Oh, very intriguing! :))

    Thanks for visiting my TT!
    Kari Po-Ku Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Thanks for coming to visit mine!

      Delete
  4. Love the 2nd quote! :) Makes me want to know what's going on with all the guns and everything. xD I also like the cover of the book! Great teaser, and thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really makes me think too! I am pretty sure I have a hint of an idea of what was going on there, but I am excited to get to that point!

      Delete